UK Sales Chart: Minecraft PS3 Edition Debuts in Third Place
In an odd move, GfK has decided to count Minecraft on PS3 and Xbox 360 as separate releases, which has resulted in the PS3 version debuting third overall, while the Xbox 360 version finished up in fourth. However, in the individual formats chart, Minecraft: PS3 Edition was #1 and Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition was #2.
Moving away from crafting, Titanfall was dethroned by, you guessed it, FIFA 14. With this latest #1 finish, FIFA 14 has set a new record for number of weeks at the top for a FIFA game at 12, with FIFA: Road to the World Cup ’98 holding the previous record of 11.
Here’s the top 20 selling games in the UK for the week ending May 17th, 2014, according to GfK Chart-track:
- FIFA 14 (down 8%)
- Titanfall (down 15%)
- Minecraft: PS3 Edition
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil (down 14%)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (down 19%)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (down 39%)
- The LEGO Movie Videogame (down 29%)
- Battlefield 4 (down 17%)
- Grand Theft Auto V (up 20%)
- Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
- LEGO The Hobbit
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
- inFamous: Second Son
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
- Kirby: Triple Deluxe
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
- Bound by Flame
- Batman: Arkham Origins
Do you think there’s any chance Wolfenstein: The New Order won’t debut in first place? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.