The Evil Within’s Release Date Delayed Until October 2014
Originally planned to launch in August, Bethesda has announced that The Evil Within has been delayed until October 21st in North America and October 24th in Europe for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC.
The reasoning behind the two month delay is because “Shinji Mikami and his team at Tango Gameworks have asked for additional time to further balance and refine the game in order to deliver the polished, terrifying pure survival horror experience they set out to create.”
While you wait the extra time for The Evil Within, you can pre-order the game to receive the Fighting Chance Pack, which includes:
- Medical Kit – A vital health enhancement to enable Sebastian to fight on.
- Green Gel – Used to upgrade Sebastian’s attributes.
- Double Barrel Shotgun and Three Shells – A larger and more formidable shotgun than the regular shotgun, it’s useful for tight situations with multiple encroaching enemies.
- An Incendiary Agony Bolt – Capable of showering nearby enemies with damaging fire sparks.
- A Poison Agony Bolt – Will draw enemies towards it and poison them, allowing Sebastian time for a quick escape.
Here’s a video of some people getting scared by The Evil Within:
If you’re unfamiliar with The Evil Within, Bethesda detailed the storyline:
While investigating the scene of a gruesome mass murder, Detective Sebastian Castellanos and his partners encounter a mysterious and powerful force. After seeing the slaughter of fellow officers, Sebastian is ambushed and knocked unconscious. When he awakens, he finds himself in a deranged world where hideous creatures wander among the dead. Facing unimaginable terror, and fighting for survival, Sebastian embarks on a frightening journey to unravel what’s behind this evil force.
What do you think of the delay? Let us know in the comments below.