The Catch-Up: May 30th, 2014 – Aaru’s Awakening Wakes up the PS4 & PS3 This Summer
Do you like Ready at Dawn’s new logo?
- Apparently, the PlayStation Store briefly listed a beta for Battlefield: Hardline, titled Omaha. It’s possible EA could be announcing a beta for the game at E3, so keep an eye out starting on June 9th for more info. [Via, Source]
- According to Peter Rosas, Senior Online Community Specialist at Capcom USA, there’s “no news for Tekken x Street Fighter on my side. Got to look to Namco for that one.” [Source]
- Rockstar has verified 10 more jobs in GTA Online. [Check Them Out]
- MotoGP 14’s release date in Europe on PS4, PS3, and PS Vita has been confirmed as June 20th. [Press Release]
- According to Geoff Keighley, “Giraffe is so 2013. There is a new best animal of show! But you have to wait until E3 to see it.” [Twitter]
- Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix will be released in North America and Europe this year. No release window was given, so stay tuned for more information as it arrives. [Press Release]
- Follow the link for the trophy list for Worms Battlegrounds on PS4. [Right Here]
- Something you need to know about the upcoming PS4 on-rails shooter Blue Estate is that “headshotting has never been so easy than with a Dualshock 4!” Here’s why [Source]:
This is probably the best part of the game – the controls. With the PS4 version we really wanted to bring the original arcade light gun feeling back without players having to buy extra accessories, so we decided to use the new gyroscope feature and the result was amazing. It takes only seconds to get used to and hours to master.
You basically point the controller and squeeze the trigger; you don’t ever have to use the joysticks. For all the gestures we are using the touch pad, which gives the opportunity for unique gameplay experience, depending on how you choose to hold and interact with the controller. It really works and is very addictive!
Why a rail shooter? The team felt nostalgic to the genre of light gun shooters and the gameplay inspirations came from old titles like Time Crisis, Virtua Cop and House of the Dead. With the next gen technologies from Sony we saw the opportunity of bringing this fun back to the Players.
- Aaru’s Awakening will be releasing for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 this summer [More Info]:
- Fenix Rage, “a new 2D hardcore platformer with stylish retro roots and obsessive level-based challenges,” is coming to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Mac in fall 2014:
- Invizimals: The Resistance is coming soon to PlayStation Vitas in Europe [More Info]:
- Mighty No. 9 is releasing in Spring 2015 for the PS4, PS3, PS Vita, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, 3DS, PC, Mac, and Linux. Here’s some very early gameplay footage:
- Are you an Armchair Champion?
- Here’s a bunch of new videos for Atelier Rorona Plus, out later this month on PS3 and PS Vita:
What do you think the new animal is going to be?