Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition’s PS4 Release Date Confirmed for July 2014
DrinkBox Studios announced today that Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, a suped-up version of Guacamelee!, will release for the PS4 on July 1st in North America and July 2nd in Europe for $14.99/£11.99/€13.99.
If you’re unfamiliar with the Super Turbo Championship Edition, here’s all the new features and content you can expect:
- Expanded Story: An expanded version of the game that includes new content and all DLC from the original
- New Game Areas: Players will ride boats through the Canal of Flowers to save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
- New Boss: Face off against the deadly Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in the Volcano, who helps the evil Carlos Calaca build his skeleton armies
- New Abilities: Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSO combat mode and dish out scrambled pain with powerful Chicken Bombs. Plus, swap dimensions independently in co-op play using the new Shadow Swap ability.
- New Enemies: Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep
- Support for multiple save slots
- Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks
Over on the PS Blog, DrinkBox;s Graham Smith said, “The trophies are VERY different. We kept a few of our favs, but changed a ton.” As well, he addressed the question of whether or not there would be an incentive of some sort for those who bought the PS3/PS Vita version:
Our preference would be to offer an incentive for owners of the original Guacamelee!(PS3/PSVita), but just trying to determine if this will be possible for us. We’ll post info as soon as we know.
Will you be getting Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition next month?