Bungie Shares Destiny Alpha Stats, Over Six Million Games Played and More
In an update on Bungie’s site, the developer announced the outcome of its Destiny alpha in a “Post Game Carnage Report,” that tallies up the the stats racked up by a “small, intimate group of players” that took part in it in just a few days’ time.
- 6,461,871 Player Games Played!
- 149,522,313 Primary Weapon Kills
- 21,782,610 Secondary Weapon Kills
- 4,002,737 Heavy Weapon Kills
- 21,687,298 Super Ability Kills
- 2,819,211 Orbs of Light Gathered
- 6,850,773 Control Points Captured in the Crucible
- 1,195 Deathless Medals awarded in the Crucible
- 4,356 Splatters with the Sparrow
- 667,966 Public Events Joined
- 60,491,944 Fallen Dregs Dispatched with Extreme Prejudice
- Too many to count: Guardians served in Dance Parties
Not a bad set of numbers for something that most players weren’t able to take part of.
In the same update, Bungie thanks the fans who tried the Destiny alpha, and that those same player will see the fruits of labor out of the feedback and suggestions in the upcoming Destiny beta in July.
If you had a chance to play our First Look Alpha, thank you for paving the way for what we hope is so many more players. There are a lot of gamers who didn’t get the chance to fight in this round. That’s going to change very soon. If you did play, you’ve helped ensure that everyone who jumps into our Beta in July will have a better experience for it.A lot of our friends asked us if this was a real Alpha. It was. We’ve gathered a mountain of data and feedback. We’re learning and reacting and Destiny is going to be better because of it. You’ll see the fruits of that labor as early as next month, assuming we’re lucky enough to have you in our Public Beta.
Interestingly enough, Destiny might be the first Bungie-developed PlayStation game to see the light of day, but it was already talking to Sony even before the PS4 design was finalized.
If you weren’t able to join in on the Destiny alpha fun, read up on our preview to get a feel for what’s in store. However, for those that took part in the alpha, how was it? Do you think it will be the next big shooter as some people, including us, claim it will be?