Sony: ‘All of Our Major Studios are Working on Stuff for PS4’
When LittleBigPlanet 3 was announced for the PlayStation 4 at E3 this year, Sumo Digital was revealed as the developer, while Media Molecule wasn’t even mentioned. According to PlayStation Europe President Jim Ryan though, Media Molecule is involved in some way with LBP3, he just wouldn’t say in what capacity:
Sumo Digital, very talented developers, we’re really happy to be working with them. There is involvement from Media Molecule. You know, LittleBigPlanet is something that is very close to hearts of those guys, they’re not going to let completely go of it, but it is Sumo who is developing it and that partnership is working real well.
Ryan wouldn’t offer up any hints as to what Media Molecule is working on for the PS4, but he did say, “All of our major studios, and Media Molecule is most definitely a major studio, are working on stuff for PS4.”
Assuming Ryan considers every developer within Sony Worldwide Studios to be one of their major studios, these are the developers currently working on something for the PS4 (Sony said in August 2013 that all of them were):
- Guerrilla Games/Guerrilla Cambridge – Killzone: Shadow Fall DLC, Unannounced New IP
- Evolution – DriveClub
- London – Project Morpheus tech demos, SingStar
- Media Molecule – Unannounced
- Japan Studio – Deep Down (with Capcom), Bloodborne (with From Software), The Last Guardian (?)
- Polyphony Digital – Probably Gran Turismo 7
- Bend Studio – Unannounced
- Foster City Studio – ???
- Naughty Dog – The Last of Us Remastered, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, more (?)
- San Diego Studio – Probably MLB 15: The Show
- Sony Santa Monica – Probably Cory Barlog’s project
- Sucker Punch – inFamous: First Light
Although not officially listed on the Worldwide Studios website, Ready at Dawn is also working on The Order: 1886.