Report: The DualShock 4 Now Works Wirelessly on PlayStation 3
Although I personally couldn’t get it to work for whatever reason, many users on Reddit are reporting that, following the latest PS3 firmware update, you can now use the DualShock 4 wirelessly on PlayStation 3 (previously you had to plug it in).
Here’s the steps to follow:
- Make sure your PS3 has at least firmware 4.60
- Connect the DualShock 4 to your PS3 with the cable and turn the PS3 on.
- Go to Accessory settings.
- Go to Manage Bluetooth Devices and scan for a device.
- While scanning, hold down the PS and SHARE buttons on the DualShock 4
- Select Wireless Controller (the DualShock 4 light should now be white)
- Unplug it and try it out.
Even after connected wirelessly, the DualShock 4 won’t be able to execute certain commands, with the Sixaxis, PS button, and vibration functions all disabled.