UK Sales Chart: Destiny is the Biggest New IP Launch in UK History
Looking at the breakdown of Destiny by console, the PlayStation 4 version account for 46%, the Xbox One 36%, the Xbox 360 14%, and the PlayStation 3 4%. This means that Destiny sold half of its copies on PlayStation and the other half on Xbox.
Elsewhere in the chart, NHL 15 debuted in 7th place (which is better than NHL 14’s 11th place debut last year), and retailer promotions on The Borderlands Collection (1 & 2) (up 999%) and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition (up 235%) helped them reach 24th and 29th, respectively.
Here’s the top 20 selling retail games in the UK for the week ending September 13, 2014, according to GfK Chart-track:
- The Sims 4 (down 63%)
- Watch Dogs (up 29%)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (up 11%)
- The Last of Us Remastered (down 16%)
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (down 6%)
- NHL 15
- Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (down 20%)
- Minecraft: PS3 Edition (down 11%)
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution
- Grand Theft Auto V
- The LEGO Movie Videogame
- Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition (down 51%)
- Metro Redux (down 52%)
- Tomodachi Life
- inFAMOUS First Light
- Madden NFL 15
- Sniper Elite 3
How many weeks do you think Destiny will be at the top?