NHL 15 Update on PS4 & Xbox One Today Adds Playoff Mode, 3 Stars, and More
Missing quite a few features when it launched on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One earlier this month (which was reflected in our review), EA has delivered their first planned content update for NHL 15 today, adding Playoff Mode, 3 Stars, and more to the game.
Here’s everything brought inside the September 2014 content update:
- Play an offline bracket tournament with up to 16 teams. Use the teams from the NHL or create your own tournament tree by selecting teams from up to 12 different leagues. Play or simulate each game and track player and team stats throughout the tournament.
Be a Pro – Coach Feedback
- After each shift you will get the coach’s feedback while you are on the bench. The coach will give you tips on how to stay on top of your game and grade you on your game play. Score high grades on Position, Team Play, and Stats to work yourself up the teams depth chart.
- At the end of the game, see the three stars and their stats.
Hockey Ultimate Team
- Updated layouts and improved navigation for HUT menus.
- New animations for player items.
- Improved edit lines screen that better identifies players that are injured or require contract extensions.
The next update for NHL 15 is scheduled to release in October, bringing along Online Team Play and a new GM Rookie Draft for the Be a GM mode.
[Source: EA Sports]