Destiny Patch 1.0.2 to Overhaul Engram System, Rolling Out Next Week
While Bungie has already detailed some of the events set to come to Destiny, the flow of updates isn’t over just yet.
In a new post on its site, Bungie announced what could possibly be the best patch it’ll roll out for the game’s entire lifespan. As the title states, engrams and how they’re decrypted and earned will be given a major overhaul — finally!
Destiny Patch 1.0.2 Notes:
- Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.
- Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
- Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
- Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items
- Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards
- Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade
- Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest–even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already…
According to Bungie, the patch will go live next week — though at an unspecified date. Don’t forget, this new engram RNG roll will only work with engrams earned after the patch. So, best unload those decrypted engram now and start fresh.
Could this finally fix Destiny’s loot system? From what’s revealed so far, it has a very high chance.