DriveClub Cars Get Banged Up, “But Damage Never Affects Performance”
Over the past couple of days, Game Director Paul Rustchynsky and the DriveClub Twitter account have answered a few more questions about the game, including whether or not car damage will be included:
Yes, cars will get banged up but damage never affects performance. Fun > frustration.
In terms of post-launch content for DriveClub, we already know the weather update and Photo Mode will be made available soon after launch. You can add replays to that list, as Rustchynsky said, “Replays are coming as a free game update.”
There was also a few other miscellaneous pieces of information talked about:
- Evolution has no plans to add 2-player split-screen, but “it’s not out of the question.”
- You can only belong to one club, “so choose wisely.”
- The PSN pre-load for DriveClub will be available 2 days prior to launch.
- If you don’t want R2 as your accelerator, “you can change the controls.”
- You’ll be able to drive manual.
Are you happy that damage won’t affect performance?