Destiny Iron Banner Event Begins Today, “Is Not a Level Playing Field”
Bungie issues this message to anyone wishing to play in the Iron Banner:
You are invited to enter the Crucible for a limited time event that will test your power as a Guardian. The ratings on your gear will make all the difference! Unlike the other competitive playlists in Destiny, Iron Banner is not a level playing field.
Bring your deadliest weapons. Equip your sturdiest armor. The Iron Lords are seeking out the most powerful warriors who call the City their home. For those brave enough to fight (and to win), there will be new rewards to serve as a warning of their prowess in the arena.
And here’s what you need to know about Iron Banner:
- Champions are born in battle. Enter a special Crucible playlist and wage war in a Fireteam of six Guardians. Prove your might and earn the respect of the Lords of Iron.
Level Advantages Enabled
- Equip your most powerful gear. The Attack and Defense ratings for your weapons and your armor will be crucial to victory.
Earn Iron Banner Reputation
Complete special Iron Banner Bounties to gain reputation with the Iron Lords. Earn new gear as evidence of your prowess:
- Unlocks Iron Banner Emblem and Shaders
- Emblem and Shader each provide stacking 10% boosts to Iron Banner reputation gains
- Unlocks Iron Banner Class Items
- Class Item provides stacking 10% boost to Iron Banner reputation gains
- Unlocks Iron Banner Armor Items
- Unlocks additional Iron Banner Emblems and Shaders
Exclusive Iron Banner Rewards
- Enhance your arsenal with Legendary weapons, armor, and more. Display your new items as a warning to all.
Will you be braving the Iron Banner?