Deep Down Development Has Entered a “Trial and Error” Stage, Says Producer

October 19, 2014 Written by Zarmena Khan

deep down

Capcom’s Yoshinori Ono has said that the upcoming free-to-play title, Deep Down, has entered a “trial and error” phase. The game’s beta was previously delayed into 2015 after the developer promised updates several times. However, fans have been reassured that Deep Down will definitely release. Famitsu magazine recently ran a special interview with Ono, in which he briefly talked about the game’s development. Excerpts from the interview (translated by Gematsu) can be read below:

After the team had worked finished working on Resident Evil 5 and 6, they started transitioning into a new project and we asked around about what all they actually wanted to do. Their answer was that they wanted to make a new game. They wanted to focus on new hardware, and they wanted to be able to use new technology to make it. They had a lot of opinions, which ultimately brought us to the game that it is, though it’s not been without its share of trouble because of it. (Laughs.)

[The fact that development is taking time] doesn’t mean the game’s release status is in jeopardy, far from it. Rest assured, it will come out. Eventually, we’ll be able to find our groove and then from there, development will progress at breakneck speed.

With reference to the E3 reveal, Ono said that it was mainly an exhibit for Deep Down, but that it was met with a positive response, prompting people to hound him for a release date. 

Deep Down is a PlayStation 4 exclusive title set to be released sometime in 2015.

[Source: Famitsu via Gematsu]