Destiny Update 220.127.116.11 Fixes Raid Issues, Makes the Game More Stable
With Bungie warning that “players will be returned to the title screen from their activities and then be required to log in to Destiny again after installing the patch,”update 18.104.22.168 is now available.
Designed to make Destiny a more stable experience for everyone, while also making some changes in the Raid to ensure that it “provides an endgame challenge that meets project goals for the intended level of difficulty,” here’s the full list of patch notes:
- Fixed an issue in which multiple errors reported with Zebra error codes
- Errors previously reporting as Zebra will now display as their own separate codes
- Fixed a rare issue related to being Kicked To Login repeatedly
- Fixed a rare issue that resulted in a Kick To Orbit reported with the Cockatoo error code
- Fixed an issue where some players would occasionally be erroneously kicked at the beginning of an activity due to a server error
- Increased protection against account corruption
- Fixed an issue where Atheon was not choosing random targets for teleport through the timestream during the final encounter on the Vault of Glass
- Fixed an exploit where Atheon could be forced off his platform
Talking about the Raid changes, Bungie’s Deej explained that developers told him, “The Raid is never supposed to be easy” after asking why they didn’t just change Hard Mode and leave Easy Mode alone.
This is an activity that was designed to be undertaken by a hardcore team that is ready and willing to adapt and improvise to changing battle conditions. Like the moment when the Templar shields random players, the Final Boss was supposed to be extremely dangerous.
For the future of Destiny updates, Bungie is working on Exotic Weapon tuning, new features for voice communication between matchmade teammates, and the ability to hold more Bounties.