Grand Theft Auto V PS4, Xbox One & PC Bonuses for Returning Players Revealed
If you’re one of the over 30 million people who bought Grand Theft Auto V on PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, and plan on buying the game for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, or PC, Rockstar has announced the exclusive items and activites they’ll be offering to returning players:
New Events and Rewards
- Encounter new events happening all across the world, and complete the challenges they present to unlock exclusive new vehicles like the menacing Imponte Duke O’Death and that veritable GTA classic bird of flight, the Dodo seaplane.
- As Michael, follow a trail of cryptic clues to unravel a grisly murder mystery. Put the clues together and you’ll unlock two Noir Style Filters, which will give your Story Mode gameplay and Snapmatic photos the feel of a gritty old school crime classic.
Weapons: The Rail Gun and Hatchet
- Obliterate your adversaries with the high-powered, high-velocity Rail Gun. This piece of experimental military technology also has its own set of Shooting Range Challenges at your local Ammu-Nation shooting range. Or hack and slash foes up close and personal with the brutal Hatchet melee weapon.
Wildlife Photography Challenge
- There are new species of animals across Los Santos and Blaine County, and the LS Tourist Board needs someone to document them. As Franklin, catalog unique animal species scattered across the map to unlock the special Kraken Sub.
Stock Car Races
- Win a series of new Stock Car Races to earn unique custom Muscle Cars adorned with logos from some of the companies that made this country great.
- A mysterious street artist is tagging walls all across town with his simian-inspired silhouettes. Track down and photograph them all to earn new monkey outfits (available to all players) and a special Go Go Monkey Blista exclusively for returning players.
New Vehicles and More
- Grind up the Los Santos freeways (and over anybody in your path) with the Cheval Marshall monster truck and take to the skies in a faster and more maneuverable Blimp, compliments of Xero Gas.
As well, Rockstar says there will be a “bounty of content” for new and returning players – “including a fleet of classic GTA vehicles and a few more surprises we’ve got planned that you’ll have to discover for yourself come game day.”
A FAQ was then compiled by Rockstar, where they discussed GTA Online character transfers from PS3/360 to PS4/Xbox One/PC:
You will only be able to transfer your character once. After transferring your character to PS4, Xbox One or PC, you can continue playing with him/her on your PS3 or Xbox 360 but the progress you make while playing is not shared to the character you transferred to your new version.
They then answered the question of whether or not updates being made for the new systems will be made available on PS3/360:
The vastly enhanced graphics and many other gameplay updates on the new versions of Grand Theft Auto V are really only made possible by virtue of the powerful new hardware of the new consoles and PC. Some of the other updates such as the upgrade content detailed above are being designed exclusively as a reward for returning players so those will not be released on the previous versions; however do stay tuned for more updates to be made available for Grand Theft Auto Online across all platforms and we’ll have more information on that soon.
And here’s a few more pieces of important information:
- If you purchased the Special Edition or Collector’s Edition last year, you will automatically have those items unlocked and accessible if you upgrade to the new-gen version. If you missed out on these items, you’ll have the ability to buy them on the new systems with in-game cash.
- Any Jobs you’ve published in GTA Online using the Creator tool will transfer over to the new systems. Leaderboards, Snapmatics, Playlists and bookmarks, however, are unique to the console generation you made them in.
- GTA Online on the new systems will support 30 players not just in Free Roam but in competitive modes as well (unless of course the Job you’re playing has been designed to be set to a specifically lower player max).
Grand Theft Auto V releases on November 18, and anyone who pre-orders the game will receive a bonus of GTA$1M ($500k for Story Mode and $500k for use in GTA Online). If you pre-order from the PlayStation Store in North America by November 3, you’ll receive an additional $300,000 for use in GTA Online.
Possibly in response to the 1080p on PlayStation 4 report, Rockstar says more information about Grand Theft Auto V on the new systems will “come in the weeks ahead.”