The Crew Update Fixes Random Crashes, Inability to Join a Crew & More
With The Crew out today on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC, the developers have announced that a “small” update of about 200MB is live for the game, and it helps to prevent crashes, fixes matchmaking and sessions problems, fixes a problem where people couldn’t join a session or crew, and more.
Here’s the full list of patch notes:
- Drivehub challenges are activated.
- Faction war activated. At the end of the month, the winning faction unlocks a 2 bonus factions missions per region.
Stability & Performance
- Fixed some random crashes on all game modes
- Fixed an issue where some crews were disbanded randomly
Matchmaking, Connectivity & Replication
- Fixed matchmaking and sessions problems
- Fixed invite system in Private PVP game modes
- Improved matchmaking and sessions on server side.
Menus & HUD
- Fixed issues related to Leaderboards scoring on Missions and Skills
- Updated info on HUD for Gift packs.
- Resolved issues on Localization bugs.
- Fixes on Statistics computing values.
- Fixes on PVP lobby HUD.
- Fixed an issue where the “Mute” option was missing from player cards while inside a PvP lobby.
- Fixed an issue where an infinite loading animation of the gamer card picture was happening.
- Fixed an issue where the title shows the “Display” name instead of “Gamertag” for the active user inside the Leaderboards from the Driver ID menu.
- Fixed an issue where leaderboard displayed incoherent scoring on PVP Public FFA events.
- Fixed an issue where the collision’ and ‘Traffic’ options were not functional within the lobby.
- Fixed an issue preventing the HUD from refreshing when a crew member invites the crew master in a PvP public lobby.
- Fixed an issue where the crew gets disbanded after coming out of PVP lobby.
- Fixed the option to disable/enable voices during PvP events.
Achievements & Awards
- Fixed Achievements unlocking issues
- Fixed Awards progression and unlocking issues
- Fixed issues related on unlocking the content after purchasing DLC/ULC packs.
- Improved AI behavior in some situations.
- Fixes on HUD elements during missions.
- Fixed an issue preventing some players to join a mission after a quick coop search.
- Fixed an issue where some players in coop/solo missions where sent back to the log-in menu with a service error message.
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t join a session or a crew.
- Fixed an issue where players could be missing from the crew list for other players in the same crew.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing a player from entering a PvP lobby while in a crew of 4.
- Fixed an issue preventing the world ghost record to load and instead of the “Online ID” text “UNKNOWN” was displayed for all the skills.
- Fixed an issue where the game crashes when failing to connect to proxy.
- Fixed an issue where the game goes into infinite loading screen after using “Quit” and after being idle in the game.
- Fixed an issue where the PSN ID’s fails to load on leaderboards and was shown as “Loading” and “UNKNOWN” text.
- Fixed an issue where the crew was failing to update correctly after the crew master has removed his Ethernet/Signed-out/Shut down the console and logged in again.
- Fixed an issue where the loading time after pressing any button in title screen may be up to 2 minutes long.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not joining the crew after being invited.
- Fixed an issue where after a forced back to login, the gamer-pic in the friend list couldn’t load.
Last week, Lead Game Designer Serkan Hasan said they are confident in being able to provide a stable launch for The Crew. With buyers picking up the game today, we should learn if that confidence paid off fairly soon.
Are you going to be buying The Crew?