Minecraft “Horse” Update Finally Hits PS4, PC Users Can Change Username Soon
Minecraft has been in the news a lot lately. Between Microsoft’s acquisition of the game, the upcoming Telltale story-mode, and Notch outbidding Jay-Z and Beyoncé on a $70 million mansion, it is tough to get away from the game. And PlayStation 4 owners will find it even harder to escape the open-world title after installing the newly released “horse” update.
Sony America has completed testing the PS4 update, and it’s out now in North America! #MinecraftPS4
— 4J Studios (@4JStudios) January 6, 2015
Yes, update 1.12 is finally out on the PS4 after arriving on the PS3 and PS Vita a couple of weeks ago. The update, frequently called either TU19 or the “horse” update, considering it adds horses, brings a huge number of new things into the game. To see a list of what is being brought into the title, check below.
Changes and Additions
- Hardened Clay
- Stained Clay
- Block of Coal
- Hay Bale
- Activator Rail
- Block of Redstone
- Daylight Sensor
- Minecart with Hopper
- Minecart with TNT
- Redstone Comparator
- Weighted Pressure Plate
- Trapped Chest
- Firework Rocket
- Firework Star
- Nether Star
- Horse Armor
- Name Tag
- Horse Spawn Egg
- Wither Skeletons
- Added new terrain generation features – Witch Huts.
- Replaced the Tutorial World with a new world containing some new mini-tutorials for the new functionality.
- Added Beacon interface.
- Added Horse interface.
- Added Hopper interface.
- Added Fireworks – Fireworks interface is accessible from the Crafting Table when you have the ingredients to craft a Firework Star or Firework Rocket.
- Added ‘Adventure Mode’ – You can only break blocks with the correct tools.
- Added lots of new sounds.
- Mobs, items and projectiles can now pass through portals.
- Repeaters can now be locked by powering their sides with another Repeater.
- Zombies and Skeletons can now spawn with different weapons and armor.
- New death messages.
- Name mobs with a Name Tag, and rename containers to change the title when the menu is open.
- Bonemeal no longer instantly grows everything to full size, and instead randomly grows in stages.
- A Redstone signal describing the contents of Chests, Brewing Stands, Dispensers and Jukeboxes can be detected by placing a Redstone Comparator directly against them.
- Dispensers can face in any direction.
- Eating a Golden Apple gives the player extra “absorption” health for a short period.
- The longer you remain in an area the harder the monsters that spawn in that area will be.
- New Game and Host options (Daylight Cycle, Keep Inventory, Mob options, Tile drop and a Regeneration option)
- Added the trial Festive Mash-up Pack
- Added World Resize option (PS4 only)
In other Minecraft news, PC players will soon be able to change their usernames. Although the exact date of the update that will allow players to do that in not clear, it will not happen before Minecraft version 1.8, 4J Studios confirmed.
What do you think of all the new things that were added? Have you tried them out already? I know I have!