Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Update Today Includes Potential Crash, Gearbox Warns (Update)
Gearbox announced that, as of late January 28, “there is currently a hot-fix in place as a temporary solution [to the Grinder crash] until the fix can be made permanent in the next major update,” with these fixes thrown in as well:
- Players will no longer experience crashes when attempting to grind three purple (very rare) items in the Grinder.
- A bullet will no longer be added to the currently equipped weapon when a player with Aurelia’s Silver Lining skill kills an enemy with a melee critical hit.
- Bonus sniper rifle damage from Aurelia’s “Big Game Hunter” will now properly apply when the mod is equipped from the backpack.
- Fire rate and reload speed bonuses from Aurelia’s “Privileged” class mod will now properly apply when the mod is equipped from the backpack.
- Aurelia’s “High Definition” class mod will now properly apply its gun damage bonus when the mod is equipped from the backpack.
- Aurelia’s “Privileged” class mod will now apply the correct reload speed bonus.
Here’s the full list of patch notes on PS3:
- Adds support for upcoming downloadable content.
- Users will no longer become stuck on the “Loading Character” screen when joining a game where the host has different DLC.
- The Doppelganger’s VO will now play in the mission “No Such Thing as a Free Launch”.
- Addresses a rare issue where joining a game while the host is in the main menu could cause a crash.
- Jack will no longer spawn in the wrong place if the player saves and quits during “Lost Legion Invasion”.
- Players will no longer receive an erroneous status window when accepting a game invitation from a host who’s network options are set to “online invite only”.
- Fixed an issue where some enemy name text would be cut off when playing as Wilhelm in certain languages.
- Fixed a rare issue where the player’s shield could instantly recharge when fighting certain enemies.
- Players can no longer donate mission weapons in the mission “To Arms”.
- Players will no longer be knocked back when receiving damage from friendly sources.
- Ensured that the objective “Find Davis Pickle” will be dismissed when completed in the mission “Intelligences of the Artificial Persuasion”.
- The Doppelganger’s “Winning” skill will now properly refill his shields upon every kill while active.
Permanent Hot Fixes
- Lost Legion Sergeants have improved navigation in the Holodome mission “Digistructed Madness: Round 4”.
- Jump jet sound effects will no longer loop endlessly for clients in the Holodome.
- Digijack audio will no longer loop for clients.
- Players will no longer become stuck on the “Get a Stingray” objective during the “Intelligences of the Artificial Persuasion” mission.
- Tork Dredgers will no longer be as generous when handing out Bonus Packages.
- Rebalanced the Big Thumprr and Shooting Star legendary shields.
- Claptrap will no longer lose the bonuses applied from the ‘Wax Off, Wax On’ and ‘Organized Guns are Happy Guns’ skills after exiting a vehicle.
- 3DD1.E Oz Kit and Prismatic Bulwark Shield now provide the correct damage bonus to laser weapons.
- Celestial Lawbringer Class Mod now provides the correct damage bonus to “Quickshot”.
- Claptrap will now receive the proper subroutine damage bonuses from his ‘Tripleclocked’ skill.
- Players will no longer receive common (white) rewards for “Digistructed Madness” missions.
Unfortunately, there’s a new glitch associated with the patch, as Gearbox explains:
Specifically, when the update is applied, putting three items of purple rarity into the Grinder has the potential to cause a crash. The team is hard at work at addressing this issue as quickly as possible — until then, we recommend players use the Grinder at their own risk.
Should players not wish to receive this update, which is required to play online and access the Lady Hammerlock Pack, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 players should not accept the update when prompted to download while Steam players can put Steam into Offline Mode.
There’s currently no date set for a fix to this issue.
As a reminder, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is coming to PS4 in March as part of The Handsome Collection.