Homefront: The Revolution Won’t Become “Vaporware,” Deep Silver Assures
Since Deep Silver acquired the rights to Homefront: The Revolution and moved development to Dambuster Studios summer, things have been pretty quiet.
That isn’t cause for concern though, as Deep Silver Community Manager Maurice Tan went on NeoGAF over the weekend, assuring fans that Homefront: The Revolution is still in development and won’t become stuck in limbo:
Homefront: The Revolution is still in development, now under our wing at Dambuster Studios (formerly Crytek UK).
Sometimes we get questions from fans if it’s going to be another Prey 2 or Duke Nukem Forever. But rest assured that the team at Dambuster is still working hard on the game and it’s not going to be vaporware :).
According to the game’s official website, this is what you can expect in terms of features:
- Explore a living, breathing open world – Experience true open world gameplay in a first person shooter, brought to life with astonishing CryEngine-powered visuals.
- Wage Guerrilla Warfare – This is no linear shooter; learn the art of guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics against your foe in thrilling un-scripted firefights.
- Build the Resistance – Recruit revolutionaries to the cause, establish bases and safehouses, capture and customise a deadly arsenal, and build improvised, homebrew weapons for your Guerrilla Tool Kit.
- Ignite the Revolution – From oppressed citizen to revolutionary leader, an epic single-player campaign tells the story of the second. War of Independence. The dynamic, evolving world responds to your actions as an oppressed nation rises up in defiance against the occupation
- Online Co-Op – Take the battle online, form a Resistance Cell with your friends and earn your reputation as Heroes of the Revolution.
Last we heard, Homefront: The Revolution is still planned for a 2015 release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.