Turtle Rock Aware of Evolve PS4 Crashing Issue, Working on a Fix
With Evolve now available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, developer Turtle Rock has posted a list of Known Issues over on their support website, which includes a crash on PS4 if you suspend the game while searching for a multiplayer match:
- The game may crash if you suspend the game while searching for a multiplayer match.
- Firing Hyde’s flamethrower at the feet of AI characters (Hunters and minions) can result in AI dropping through the map.
- Workaround: When this occurs, you should be able to just to re-launch the map to resolve it.
- During the final battle at the power source, Monster minions can possibly fall through the platform around the power source, but they will continue to deal damage to it.
- The character select screen can display graphical corruption when joining players late globally into a Custom Match.
- Workaround: We recommend having all players in the lobby before launching to avoid this issue.
- The newsfeed can come up with an error the first time you launch.
- Workaround: With subsequent launches the feed will appear correctly.
There are currently performance problems when using cross fire:
- We are working with AMD to resolve the issue
- We suggest running with a single card if you encounter this problem
Re-joining a session following loss of connection to Xbox Live
- There is a known issue that if a player loses connection to Xbox live within a lobby, that same player cannot join the session through invitation or joining in progress until the title is rebooted.
These issues are all being worked on right now, and will hopefully be fixed soon.
Over in the Evolve FAQ, Turtle Rock details that the game includes dedicated servers and more.
If you’re picking up Evolve, don’t forget that there’s a 3GB day one patch.
What do you think of Evolve so far?
[Source: 2K Support]