Destiny Offline Today for 2-Hour Maintenance, Update 1.1.1 Expected Later This Week (Update 3)
Update 3 (February 25):
Destiny update 1.1.1 is now available to download on all platforms.
Head over here to see the long list of patch notes.
Update 2 (1:10pm PT):
Bungie has said the maintenance is now completed and service is being restored on all platforms, though “your results may vary for slightly longer.”
They also reminded us that “you should not anticipate a Destiny Update to be applied at this time. We’re deploying the game changer later on this week.”
The maintenance has been extended to 1pm PT/4pm ET.
Beginning at 10am PT/1pm ET, Destiny will be offline on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 due to scheduled maintenance, which is expected to end at 12pm PT/3pm ET. Bungie.net will also be affected by the maintenance.
If you’re thinking this maintenance will end with update 1.1.1 added, Bungie said, “Repeat: Destiny will be offline for two hours [today], starting at 10AM Pacific. Service should resume by Noon, with gameplay unchanged.”
They later added, “Destiny Update 1.1.1 is planned to deploy later on this week, after [today’s] maintenance.”
Here’s a quick reminder of what’s expected in update 1.1.1:
- The Weekly Heroic Strike will be a matchmade activity.
- Checking your reputations will be easier.
- Weapons will be tuned.
- There will be a Heavy Ammo fix.
- Xûr will stop forgetting to bring his Exotic engrams when he visits us from… wherever Xûr is from.
- Iron Banner will work as previously promised, with a greater variety of maps in rotation as well as a couple of new Bounties that give you more control over which weapon you can use to complete them – and we were hoping that one would have arrived before the current event.
- Strikes and Crucible Maps will be less likely to repeat themselves when you stay in a matchmaking playlist with your Fireteam.
- Grimoire Cards will drop when you expect them to.
What will you be doing while the maintenance is going on?