Defend the Kingdom in ‘The Castle Game’, Coming to PS4 in 2015
A single-player strategy defense game developed by indie studio Neptune Interactive, The Castle Game was announced today, with a PlayStation 4 release planned to happen “in the next few months.”
With the developers inspired by Warcraft, Lord of the Rings, and Game of Thrones, The Castle Game tasks you with building a fortress using archers, knights, sorceresses, catapults, traps, and more to battle the forces of evil.
Since putting an RTS on a console can be difficult, Neptune focused quite heavily on streamlining the process for the DualShock 4. Here’s some of the things they targeted:
- Quickly moving through battlefield using FPS style controls, with a bird’s eye view of the action.
- Auto-selecting defenses and reducing constant button presses for building, upgrading, selling, and repairing.
- Focusing and directing the attack of nearby defenders at the press of a button.
- Unleashing powerful spells with tactical precision.
- Having every attacker class have his own audio danger cue, giving you warning of where and when they attack even if they are out of view.
Neptune adds, “As an example of an audio danger cue, we have a pesky little Barrel Bomber who screams “incooooming” as he wheels his bomb straight at your walls.”
Asked whether this might come to PlayStation Vita, the developers replied, “No plans at this time. We’re a small team focusing on PS4 first, but we might think about Vita later.”
What do you think of The Castle Game?
[Source: PS Blog]