Battlefield Hardline Single Player Campaign Has 10 Episodes, “Some Less Than an Hour, Some More”
On Twitter yesterday, Battlefield Hardline Creative Director Ian Milham answered some questions about the game, including that there’s 10 episodes in the single-player campaign.
When asked how long the campaign will take to beat, Milham replied, “We’ve seen a ton of variability in this depending on play styles (run and gun vs. tacticians).” He then elaborated about the episode length, saying, “They vary quite a bit. Some less than an hour, some more.”
Here’s a few other interesting responses from the Q&A:
- Visceral aren’t fans of quick-time events. “We do our best to avoid them and keep the gameplay dynamic.”
- Weapons unlocked in single player won’t carry over to multiplayer, “but you do earn stuff that carries over.”
- There’s lots of moral decision in the game, though “we try not to make the decisions specifically moral. Always thought that was clumsy.”
- While you only play as one character in single player, “you DO get to see what it’s like on both sides.”
- As Hardline is covering from Visceral, there’s lots of Dead Space easter eggs. “Some obvious, some deep.”
- There’s also references to previous Battlefield games.
- The single-player story is linear, “but we open up the gameplay as much as possible.”
If you don’t mind having some parts of the entire story spoiled, check out the full episode guide.
Battlefield Hardline launches for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC on March 17 in North America and March 19 in Europe.