Battlefield Hardline Destruction in Online Multiplayer Discussed by Visceral Games
With less than two weeks to go before launch, Battlefield Hardline Senior Multiplayer Level Designer Evan Champlin discussed the various levels of destruction you’ll find in the game:
With reduced explosives and less heavy armored vehicles many of our maps feature dense micro destruction. Players can create their own path through the rooms of a building by punching doorway size holes with grenade launchers. They also have the ability to create smaller holes with melee or gunfire, say just large enough to toss a flashbang, or gas grenade through. Much of the cover placed around the maps will erode with gunfire, causing players to change tactics and seek different routes. In addition to the destruction placed throughout the maps “Levolution” is making a strong return, but this time with a Hardline flair.
Each of the nine Hardline maps also features large scale events, altering the way each maps plays. Here’s a few examples:
- Downtown – Tower Crane Collapse, opens new routes between capture points.
- Bank Job – Vault Roof Collapse, creates a new route into the heart of the Bank, the vault.
- Dust Bowl – Dust Storm, reduces engagement ranges and masks nearby sounds.
- Growhouse – Train Car Explosion, creates a new route into the grow room in the basement.
- Derailed – Train Explosion and Bridge Collapse, brings the bridge crashing into the river below, creating new driving lanes and jumps, changing the location of the capture point.
For some of the smaller interactive elements, Champlin highlighted doors you can close, fire extinguishers that produce a smoke screen, exploding hot dog carts, and more.
Battlefield Hardline will be available for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC on March 17 in North America and March 19 in Europe.