PS4 Firmware Update 2.50 Includes Suspend/Resume, 60fps Share Play & More, Sony Confirms
Codenamed ‘Yukimura’, firmware update 2.50’s arguably biggest new feature is Suspend/Resume. Announced over two years ago alongside the PS4, Suspend/Resume allows you to jump in and out of games “faster than ever,” and it will be supported by “nearly all PS4 titles.”
For further details on Suspend/Resume, as well as many of the other highly requested features coming in update 2.50, check out the overview of Yukimura below:
- Suspend/Resume, which will be supported by nearly all PS4 titles, will create an atmosphere where your games are immediately available at any time — just pick up your DualShock 4 wireless controller, hit the PS button and get right back into the action of your games. When it’s time to log off, simply put your PS4 in Rest Mode and when you power up the next time, you’ll start your game where you left off. Spend less time getting into your games and more time playing them.
Remote Play & Share Play at 60fps
- For games that support 60 fps, the ability to customize the frame rate of Remote Play and Share Play will be added with “Yukimura.” Play to your bandwidth strengths and use this option to stream gameplay at 60 or 30fps when using Remote Play or Share Play on supported devices.
- We have received a ton of feedback to improve Trophies. In “Yukimura,” a screenshot will automatically be captured at the moment a Trophy is earned, making it easier than ever for you to share your greatest gaming moments with your friends. We’re also adding more sorting options along with the new ability to remove games from the Trophy list that have 0% completion.
- “Yukimura” introduces a wide variety of options to make their PS4 entertainment experience even more accessible. Options include text to speech, enlarged text, bolder fonts, higher contrast UI, zoom for displayed pictures, invert colors on screen and more. Users will also be able to reassign buttons for DualShock 4, making it easier for users with limited manual dexterity or limited reach and strength to play.
Sub-Account to Master Account Upgrade
- Users with a sub-account will now be able to upgrade to a master account directly from their PS4 when they turn 18, removing restrictions for chat, enabling users to fund their own wallet, make purchases and more. Currently, users can upgrade their sub-accounts online at https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/.
Facebook Friend Search
- Gamers globally have jumped into PS4 as a redefined social gaming experience and connecting with friends over the network is a huge part of what makes the PS4 community so special. PlayStation now lets you go even bigger by connecting with your Facebook friends on PS4 using your linked account. Search for Facebook friends who are PlayStation Network members and build on the foundation of Friends you already have in your list.
Share Video Clips to Dailymotion
- When sharing standout PS4 moments via the Share button on DualShock 4, “Yukimura” will allow players to upload directly to Dailymotion.
Further information about Yukimura will be revealed in the coming weeks.
Which feature in 2.50 are you most excited for?
[Source: PlayStation Blog]