Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China Release Date Confirmed, Chronicles Trilogy Announced
Originally announced as part of the Assassin’s Creed Unity Season Pass, Ubisoft confirmed today that Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China will release on April 21 in North America and April 22 in Europe for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Priced at $9.99 on its own, Unity Season Pass owners can download it for free.
In addition to China, Ubisoft revealed that Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: India and Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: Russia are currently being developed by Climax Studios in collaboration with Ubisoft Montreal.
With the Assassin’s Creed Chronicles series, you’ll be able to play as a Master Assassin in 2.5D. Journeying through three distinct civilizations and time periods throughout history, you’ll find yourself in the Ming dynasty at the start of its downfall, the Sikh Empire as it prepares for war in India, and the aftermath of the Red October revolution. Each chronicle stands on its own, but they are all tied together narratively.
Here’s full details on Assassin’s Creed Chronicles:
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China
- Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China takes place in China, 1526, as the Ming dynasty starts to crumble. You embody Shao Jun, the last remaining Assassin of the Chinese Brotherhood, returning to her homeland with a vendetta. Newly trained by the legendary Ezio Auditore, she is hell-bent on exacting vengeance and restoring her fallen Brotherhood.
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: India
- Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: India throws you into the tension between the Sikh Empire and the East India Company in 1841. When a Master Templar arrives with a mysterious item that used to belong to the Assassin Order, Arbaaz Mir must discover why he’s come, steal back the item, and protect his friends and his lover.
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: Russia
- Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: Russia occurs in Russia, 1918. Nikolai Orelov wants to leave with his family, but is required to perform one last mission for the Assassin Order: infiltrate the house where the tsar’s family is being held by the Bolsheviks and steal an artifact that has been fought over by Assassins and Templars for centuries. Along the way, he witnesses the massacre of the tsar’s children, but manages to save the princess, Anastasia. He must escape the Templars while protecting the artifact and Anastasia.
- Stealth Takes on a New Dimension – Embrace the thrill of being a Master Assassin to 2.5D. Scout, sneak, and hide to avoid detection. Fool your enemies by using whistles and disguises. Find your target, kill, and escape.
- Fast and Fluid Assault Course – Whether you’re running from danger, scaling obstacles, or climbing stealthily, you will feel that you really can do anything.
- Master Three Different Combat Styles – Each Assassin is equipped with a powerful range of weapons and distinct gadgets, making every experience unique, with a wide assortment of abilities in your arsenal.
- Navigate Multiple Planes – Switch between fore, mid, and background environments and choose different paths according to your needs. Open new pathways, complete side missions, grab hidden collectibles, or take the quickest path to your target.
What do you think of Ubisoft’s decision to create a trilogy out of the Chronicles games?