Resident Evil Revelations 2 Update Today Adds Online Raid Mode, Raises Difficulty of Code Red Stages
With Resident Evil Revelations 2 finishing up its four-episode release schedule earlier this month, Capcom pushed out a new update for the game today on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC (Xbox One version is delayed) that adds Online Raid Mode and more.
Here’s the patch notes you’ll find on your console:
- Added online co-op for Raid mode.
- Makes ResidentEvil.Net event playable.
- Fixed various issues and improved stability
As Capcom says on their blog, the update raises the difficulty of all the Code Red stages in Raid Mode. “Today’s title update also includes the ability to invite a friend directly into a Raid session, set up a Quick Match that pairs you with another player searching for the same parameters OR create/search for your own session,” they add. “You’ll also notice a ‘news feed’ style crawl on the Main Menu and Raid Mode vestibule that posts updates from ResidentEvil.net.”
By logging in to ResidentEvil.net, you’ll be able to take part in weekly events, with these two beginning on April 1:
- Level-Restricted Challenge No. 1 – Weekly challenge missions are available! Take them on at the lowest level possible!
- Invasion of the Huge Creatures No. 1 – Large creatures are stomping over the horizon! Unload all your ammo to stop them in their tracks!
How big of a download was the update for you?