Destiny Update 1.2 Going Live Today, Full Changes Won’t Activate Until Later (Update)
Update 3 (12:30pm PT):
Destiny is now back online for all platforms.
While Bungie deploys the update, Destiny will be offline until about 12pm PT:
Destiny will be offline for all platforms for the duration of the patch implementation, starting now. Standby for updates.
— Bungie Help (@BungieHelp) May 6, 2015
As it turns out, today’s update may be going live, but the changes won’t be activated until a later date:
The work being done by @BungieHelp today will deploy 1.2.0 but not activate it. Changes will go live at a later date to be announced.
— Bungie (@Bungie) May 6, 2015
Further prepping it for the House of Wolves expansion on May 19, fixing bugs, and more, Destiny update 1.2.0 has begun rolling out on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
As Bungie says on their website, “Pardon our dust! We are pushing a patch live today. Players will be returned to the title screen from their activities and then be required to log in to Destiny again after installing the patch.”
- The spawn locking issue currently affecting Iron Banner will be fixed.
- Legendary items will be added to post-game reward tables for all Crucible activities.
- Your first match in the daily featured Crucible activity will earn you a new reward package each day.
- Reputation and Mark gains will double for each completed Crucible match.
- Etheric Light has a chance of being included in Iron Banner reward packages for Rank 3 and Rank 5.
- Three maps from The Dark Below DLC will be available to all Crucible players in select playlists (Pantheon, Skyshock and The Cauldron).
We’ll update this post with official details once Bungie posts them.
If you have the update now, feel free to let everyone know in the comments how big of a download it was.