Deadwood: The Forgotten Curse Confirmed for PS4 & Xbox One as Dev Partners With Team17
Having reached its latest stretch goal on Kickstarter, Team17 announced today they’ve partnered with Steamroller Studios to publish Deadwood: The Forgotten Curse, which is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Mac, and Linux at a TBA date.
Described as “Zelda meets Don’t Starve,” Deadwood is an action/adventure game with a survival twist. Playing as Lathe, a teenage woodling and avid inventor, you and your stone giant companion named Roguard must work together to fight back a horde of wooden zombies, known as The Deadwood, and stop their curse from spreading through Knottington.
The survival element of Deadwood kicks in at night. While Roguard will protect you during the day so you can freely scavenge for resources, at night he falls asleep and it’s up to you to fight The Deadwood and keep Roguard safe until the morning.
Here’s a rundown of what to expect from Deadwood: The Forgotten Curse:
- Zelda meets Don’t Starve. A unique blend of adventuring and survival.
- During the day you explore an open world while solving the mystery of the Forgotten Curse.
- During the night you secure and defend yourself and your stone companion from waves of hungry wooden zombies.
- An incredible story about an unlikely friendship in a world full of unique characters.
- Scavenge for resources and then build customized weapons and defenses.
- Story-driven side quests encourage players to make assumptions and think outside the box.
Steamroller Studios Technical Supervisor Keith Lackey talked about the partnership with Team17:
Everyone here at Steamroller Studios is super excited to be partnering with Team17. We’ve been huge fans of them since the beginning, and so when we found out the feeling was mutual, we jumped at the chance to work with them. With their experience and support we’ll be free to do what we do best, which is to make an awesome game. The passion they’ve shown for our game is only matched by our own. We’re confident that together we’ll make Deadwood: The Forgotten Curse the game we’ve always wanted to make.
Will you be backing Deadwood?