Madden NFL 16 Cover Athlete & First Look Trailer Revealed, New Features Detailed
Following a fan vote, EA announced that New York Giants Wide Receiver Odell Beckham Jr beat out Rob Gronkowski to become the cover athlete for Madden NFL 16, which launches in North America on August 25 for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
In a first look video for Madden NFL 16, EA showcases each of the playmakers featured in the Cover Vote, while also giving you a glimpse at the game itself.
If you’re looking to pre-order Madden NFL 16, you’ll receive $15 in Ultimate Team content including 10 Pro Packs and a Playmaker Pack for use in Madden Ultimate Team, with the latter adding an extra boost right away. For an extra $10 ($69.99), the Deluxe Edition brings 36 Pro Packs and a Playmaker Pack.
While more information about Madden NFL 16 will come throughout the Summer, Amazon’s listing for the game detailed some new features:
New to Madden
Battle for Air Supremacy
- Total Control Passing – Place the ball where only your receiver can get it with body-relative throws including high-point, low-point, back-shoulder, and the ever-popular touch pass. Become the ultimate dual-threat and terrorize defenses with new pressure avoidance and QB scramble controls.
- Receiver/Defender Controls – Dictate the outcome of each passing play while the ball is in the air for the first time ever in Madden. For receivers, go for the highlight reel with the ‘aggressive’ catch or move the chains with the ‘possession catch’. On defense, disrupt the outcome of each play using the new ‘play ball’ and ‘hit receiver’ mechanics. Receivers and defenders deliver the most authentic exchanges to date with new press and zone-chuck interactions, contextual hand-fighting, and a variety of 2-man interactions at the catch point including pass interference penalties, tip balls, knock outs and simultaneous possession catches.
- Integrated Broadcast Graphics – Your playmaker highlight reel has arrived with new player spotlights, dynamic goals and achievements, and innovative on-the-field cameras bringing you closer to the game than ever before. Making plays has never been this much fun and rewarding!
- Connected Franchise – Whether playing solo or online with friends, your quest to build an NFL dynasty comes complete with a brand new scouting and draft system as well as all-new dynamic goals throughout each game. Develop players with Game Prep and build your teams’ confidence through performance and front office transactions. Balance keeping players’ confidence up, to increase abilities and build player XP.
- Madden Ultimate Team – Build your ultimate team with your favorite NFL players from the past and present while dominating the opposition in head-to-head seasons, solo challenges, and more. Earn coins to buy packs through the online store, where you can trade and auction off items on the road to building the Ultimate Team. Engage with the NFL year round thanks to live content and service updates in the fastest growing mode in Madden.
- Skills Trainer – With 60+ tutorials and drills, Skills Trainer focuses on teaching the strategy behind different passing and run concepts, as well as how to play Madden for new users to the series. Fan favorite Gauntlet mode returns with all-new Boss Battles, Extra Life challenges and opportunities to jump or fall levels in a single play.
Did you vote for Odell Beckham Jr?