Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive Coming to PS4 This Summer
After enjoying “great success” on PlayStation Vita, Xbox 360, and PC, 5pb. and Mages announced today that Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds is coming to PlayStation 4 in the form of Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive. Set for release this Summer, it will be priced at $14.99.
A 2D co-operative, side-scrolling beat ’em up, Overdrive includes four playable characters – Mikoto, Waka, Itsuki and Yuzuha – with Makise Kurisu of Steins;Gate available as a DLC character for $5.99. As your character levels up, skill points will help them gain new abilities, hit harder, and hit faster.
Here’s the new features you’ll find on PS4:
- New skills and abilities for deeper character customization – Triple Jumps, Air Dash Attacks, Shadow Clones, and more!
- Increased chaos – Levels now have gigantic hordes of enemies flooding the screen, and the item drops to match.
- Alternate routes – Discover secret routes that lead you to new items, different enemies, and new skills!
- New Items – Out Range and Aura Items can now be combined to expand your tactical options.
- Newly arranged music – Now leveled up by the PS4! Incredible arrangements with 8 FM synthesis tones and 1 ADPCM tone!
And here’s the key features of Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds:
- Story Mode – Battle through 8 deadly stages filled with crazy enemies. Level up your characters to unlock devastating new skills and build up your attack strength, defense, and speed.
- Arcade Mode – Test your skill for the best scores and times, and compare them against the world on global leaderboards.
- Co-op Mode – Play with up to 4 players with online and local multiplayer.
- Battleground Mode – Enjoy a fierce battle royale using your leveled up characters.
- Fight as Itsuki, Yuzuha, Waka, and Mikoto from Phantom Breaker, each with their own signature moves and attacks.
- Play as Makise Kurisu from popular anime and game series Steins;Gate, available as DLC at launch.
Will you be playing Phantom Breaker this Summer on PS4?