DriveClub Update 1.16 On June 1 Will “Enhance Server Connectivity & Prepare for the PlayStation Plus Edition”
Monday, June 1 is going to be a busy day for DriveClub, with Evolution Studios announcing on Facebook that both a significant server upgrade and game update 1.16 will be released at 10am UK time (2am PT/5am ET).
For those servers, the ones providing Challenges are being replaced and upgraded. As Evolution adds, “This will bring bigger, better challenges and improve server performance across the game as we continue to work to make the PlayStation Plus Edition of DriveClub possible.”
Here’s the very important in-game message you’ll find about the server upgrades, which will impact your existing Challenges (click on the image for a better view):
And here’s the full details on DriveClub update 1.16, which launches Monday, June 1:
- Challenges will be expanded to support an unlimited number of participants.
- Challenge notifications will be integrated into the Social Hub activity feed for easy access.
- The Challenge Menu will have a new interface to make it easier to join Challenges.
- Evolution Studios Challenges will be added to the Challenge Menu for direct and easy access.
- Invitation options will be optimised to focus on active players and reduce challenge notification spam.
- More of our favourite #PS4share pictures created by the community will be added to the Menus.
- Significant technical improvements will be made to enhance server connectivity and prepare for the PlayStation Plus Edition.
You can read about update 1.15, which launched on May 18, over here.