Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition Confirmed for PS4 & Xbox One, Runs at 1080p
Confirming the rumors and leaks, Nordic Games announced the Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition today, which is releasing on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Winter 2015.
A visually updated version of Darksiders 2, the Deathinitive Edition includes all DLC and runs at 1080p. Additionally, you’ll find adjustments to the game balancing and loot distribution.
Handled by Gunfire Games, which is made up of former Darksiders and Vigil Games developers, here’s a look at what you get in the Deathinitive Edition:
- Darksiders 2 with All DLCs (see below) included and integrated into the game, offering a total playtime of more than 30 hours.
- DLC Included: Maker Armor Set, The Abyssal Forge, The Demon Lord Belial, Death Rides, Angel of Death, Deadly Despair, Shadow of Death, Mortis Pack, Rusanov’s Axe, Van Der Schmash Hammer, Fletcher’s Crow Hammer, Mace Maximus, Argul’s Tomb
- Improved Graphic Render Engine for higher visual quality especially in terms of lighting and shadows
- Improved and reworked level, character and environment graphics
- Running in native 1080p resolution
- Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution
Reinhard Pollice, Business and Product Development Director at Nordic Games, then revealed that a large-scale Darksiders project is eventually happening:
We took over the franchise roughly 2 years ago and thought about the next chapter for Darksiders ever since then. Naturally (and extremely excitedly!), there will be a large-scale project based on Darksiders, but for now it is very important for us to take care of the existing games and make those available to a broader audience. Bringing Darksiders 2 to current gen was a logical step for us and the team at Gunfire Games know their trade inside-out, so we easily and quickly had lots of ideas that we wanted to realise for this specific edition.
Here’s the details on Darksiders 2:
What starts with War, ends in Death.
Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, embarks upon a quest to restore mankind, and redeem his brother’s name. Along the way, the Horseman discovers that there are far worse things than an earthly Apocalypse, and that an ancient grudge may threaten all of Creation…
- Play Death: Become the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds and battle forces beyond Heaven and Hell
- Epic Universe: Unlike anything the player has seen before, delivered in the unique style of Joe Mad
- Heaven/Hell: Explore startling gameworld environments reminiscent of heaven and hell
- Player Choice & Customization: Customize your experience with varied armor sets, weapons, and skill trees allowing players to create their own Death
- Replay-ability: Explore a vast open world, complete dozens of side quests and customize your Death with a full leveling system, skill trees and endless equipment combinations
- Traversal: Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before
Will you be picking up the Deathinitive Edition?