Evolve Update 4.0.0 Rolls Out Today, Check Out the Full List of Changes
Turtle Rock has revealed that a new Evolve update is due today for all platforms, which will bring a host of tweaks to the co-op/competitive multiplayer shooter.
Listed below are the complete changes coming to Evolve update patch 4.0.0:
Title Update (All platforms)
- New assault character Lennox
- Improved the quality of Matchmaking on the XB1.
- Fixed a case where users were unable to accept invites after leaving a game lobby.
- Fixed not having a sign-in prompt after getting signed out while loading into a multiplayer game.
- Title will crash when searching for a match from multiplayer.
- Fixed issue where User is not taken to lobby when accepting an invite from startup screen.
- Fixed issue where the host leaves the match on the Character Select Screen but other players can still see them in the match.
- Host of 5 person Custom match unable to start the game issue. “outofsync”
- Players are unable to find each other when searching Evacuation.
- Fixed a low frame rate issue that could occur when there was a full lobby in an online match.
- Fixed players appearing to still be in a match after they had been disconnected from a server.
- Fixed title crashing to home when user accepts a game invitation during single player Evacuation.
- Fixed an issue where joining a game didn’t display the other player’s gamertag.
- Fixed an issue where users would get a “Connection to host failed” error when going into multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to join in progress from the “Press A to Start” screen.
- Fixed an issue that allowed 2 users to start into a match on their own after searching.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to join on a friend from the XBox Dashboard.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when 2 users that were going to connect while searching Skirmish.
- Fixed a matchmaking issue where a party of 4 were unable to find a game.
- Fixed an issue where clients would get disconnected when a host quits the game from the dashboard.
- Fixed a failed search condition that could happen if the user had already cancelled and restarted searching.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to find each other in evacuation PvP.
- Fixed transition to lobby potentially causing players to disconnect.
- Fixed issue where canceling into Skirmish lobby would cause disconnect.
- Fixed issue where leaving Multiplayer & re-entering would break UI.
- Fixed issue when you get error “Failed to Connect Product Ownership authentication failed.” while joining friends in multiplayer.
- Fixed issue regarding “Connection to host failed.” when attempting to hot join a full match.
- Fixed users not falling back to the lobby if everyone else left the game.
- Fixed an issues that caused players searching in a particular mode to be match made into a different game mode.
- Fixed an issue that caused users to get disconnected while loading into matches.
- Fixed an issue where a lobby could show a map loading screen when it should just be a lobby screen.
- Fixed an issue where if round robin was disabled, clients would continuously be brought back into team selection after a monster left.
- Remixed a number of audio file to have a more consistent volume across the board
- Fixed a problem where a sound effect was being played twice when the awards first appear during the Round Summary.
- Fixed a problem where muting someone that is taking a break from the Player Options screen would fail.
- Fixed a lot of pre-round sounds that were missing for button highlights, selections and backing out of the various panels.
- Fixed issues with long pauses between VO dialog in the dropship.
- Fixed jetpack audio issues not being tied to the actual position of the player.
- Fixed up some VO conversations playing at inappropriate times.
- Fixed some Campaign effect dropship banter playing for the wrong effect.
- Fixed incorrect dropship banter playing during campaign.
- Fixed a crash that would happen during a streaming installation.
- Fixed a crash that would occur in sleep mode.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when signing out while loading into the character select of arena mode.
- Added an option to hide awards from popping up in the corner through the Options Menu.
- Fixed an issue with negative global averages.
- Fixed an issue with the distance values that were not showing up when viewing allies beyond 60 meters.
- Fixed the “Take over bot” UI so that it properly appears when late joining as the monster.
- Fixed a problem where the monster player could open the minimap while the ability selection UI was open, which would cause the minimap to appear underneath it.
- Fixed a problem where the replay event log would stay open when transitioning to the Team Selection screen.
- Fixed a UI issue that would cause purchased characters to appear locked when they should be unlocked.
- Fixed a UI issue related to news ticker transitions.
- Fixed a problem in the Round Summary where skipping through the level up banner animation would cause undefined values to appear in the award screen.
- Fixed issues with undefined text appearing in the round summary screen.
- Fixed various issues with incorrect information being displayed after hitting max level.
- Fixed UI issue when unlocking multiple items during the round summary.
- Fixed some problems with the Round Summary trying to play multiple instances of the same sound.
- Fixed issues that were causing bot characters to not show up in the pre-round screen.
- Fixed issues where colors of class labels could appear incorrect.
- Fixed multiple issues in pre-round where disabling the perks via the custom game options would cause missing or incorrect characters to appear when backing out from the ready pane.
- Fixed a problem where a few warning dialogs in pre-round could persist to the loading screen so they would overlap tutorial videos potentially.
- Fixed an issue where the monster would join the match as invisible and without abilities or health when hot joining a party host while on the character select screen of a multiplayer match.
- Fixed resolution problem resulting in blurry screen.
- Fixed a number of particle rendering issues
- Fixed a black screen that could appear when loading into the character select screen.
- Fixed an issue where textures could become offset in the pre-round screen.
- Added separate game option for Elite Wildlife in Arena Mode.
- Added VO when sudden death begins.
- Arena Mode Sole Survivor will trigger 2 minutes until a battle draw.
- Fixed an issue where the audio would abruptly cut out and the end of a match.
- Fixed Arena Mode battle draw timer not showing up.
- Fixed camera not working properly for an observer if you restarted the server.
- Fixed seeing remote players running in place during the freeze time in Arena Mode.
- Fixed a bug with traversal abilities possibly not working in Arena Mode.
- Fixed achievements not working properly in Arena Mode.
- Fixed edge case where the draw timer would appear early if sudden death was triggered.
- Fixed a problem where late joining an Arena match would cause the late joiner to be stuck on the loading screen forever.
- Fixed minimap visibility problems during arena mode.
- Fixed an issues that was causing the sudden death timer to not work properly in some situations.
- Fixed an issue where parts of the UI would overlap with the “Please Wait…” spinner.
- Fixed a crash that might occur when playing consecutive rounds of Arena.
- Fixed an issue that could allow the monster to knock hunters outside the arena.
- Fixed an arena on Barracks that could result in an immediate win for the hunters.
- Fixed an issue that caused the monster to not get a replay screen after the post round screen.
- Fixed an issue with take a break prompt displaying when entering a new Arena match.
- Fixed issues that led to the ability selection UI not opening properly for the monster in Arena mode.
- Added observer HUD input functionality that allows changing the spectator target using the bumpers on the controller.
- Added functionality that allows the bumpers and the up/down directions to allow the user to change the spectator target even while the HUD is hidden.
- Fixed Observer HUD hint visibility fixes.
- Fixed a problem where the screen would be black if you joined late as an observer.
- Fixed a problem where a late joining observer would see a round summary timeline that starts at 0% instead of 100% along with overlapping text.
- Fixed a problem that was causing the observer HUD input to ignore the left thumbstick when playing with a fresh profile.
- Various fixes were included that affected AI pathing, collision, textures, map exploits, gameplay adjustments, minimap updates, climbable surfaces, graphical occlusion, lighting, and performance improvements to the following maps.
- Orbital Drill, Broken Hill Mine, Broken Hill Foundry, Weather Control, Barracks, MedLab, Refueling Tower, Aviary, The Dam, Fusion Plant, Barracks,
- Adjustments to Dome positions for Arena mode: MedLab, Refueling Tower, Fusion Plant, Broken Hill Mine, The Dam, Orbital Drill, Broken Hill Foundry, Weather Control
- Fixes to various campaign effects.
- Hunter AI
- AI Hunters improved behavior when hunting the monster.
- AI Hunters will now follow Daisy when there is no human controlled Hunter.
- AI Hunters have been adjusted to better help incapped Hunters.
- AI Hunters now attack Monsters after staging up and standing still.
- AI Hunters will now target Banshee Mines.
- Fixed an issue where AI would try to plant items in bad spots.
- Adjusted knockback state velocity to work more appropriately with different angled forces.
- Arc Mines
- Arc Mine should now be visible in hand while in third person.
- AI will now plant sound sensor in Arena mode.
- Made the accuracy lines visible when using Crow’s Long Rifle.
- AI Crow will stop using stasis gun when teammate is pounced.
- Stasis Gun
- Stasis Gun has the proper aim assist settings.
- Stasis Grenade
- Fixed Stasis Grenade mastery not working.
- Fixed an AI issue where Slim would continually send out the healing drone.
- Heal Drone
- If Slim gets incapped while aiming healing drone, he will no longer automatically fire it upon being picked up.
- Fixed a minor bug with selecting the healing drone by scrolling on the mouse wheel.
- AI will not use her jetpack booster on a teammate that is being pounced.
- AI jetpack booster boosts dodge less.
- Fixed Equal Opportunity Achievement not checking.
- Fixed Sunny’s expert and elite mastery not working on jetpack boost.
- Fixed Jetpack UI issue to properly display how much of her energy is being used.
- Shield Drone
- Fixed an issue where the shield drone could make sunny invulnerable.
- AI will use cloak more often.
- AI Monster will no longer focus on the shield drone while it is deploying.
- AI Monster improvements when playing in Arena Mode.
- AI will be unable to path to or attack Hunters when on top of a large silo in the Caustic Siphon section of Arena Mode.
- Fixed multiple cases where the “You are Slowed” message was not showing at the proper time when stasis grenades were affecting the monster.
- Now attack the Trapper when camping on top of trees with the Mobile Arena active during Defend or Nest gameplay.
- Fixed issue where Goliath Heavy Lunge attack would fall short of target.
- Fixed issue where Goliath could move super fast when spamming melee attacks
- Abilities will no longer keep Kraken in the air when under the effects of a tranquilizer, stasis, or harpoon.
- Traversal stamina takes 3 seconds longer to fully recharge from empty when in combat.
- Adjustments to AI flight behavior.
- Banshee Mines
- Banshee Mines now have a .5 second delay before they can hone in on a target.
- AI improvements to traversal decision making.
- Fixed issue where effects can get left behind by rock prison.
- Fixed various issues with fissure disappearing, going the wrong direction, and being generally unreliable.
- Fixed an AI issue where Behemoth had difficulty targeting hunters on different elevations.
Don’t forget, Evolve has a new Season Pass available, with its first content drop included in this title update with the addition of a new Assault class in Lennox.
[Source: Turtle Rock]