PlanetSide 2 On PS4 Out Now in Europe, Later Today in North America (Update)
With the game now available in both Europe and North America, Daybreak Games gave out the features of PlanetSide 2 on PS4:
- PlanetSide 2 is now available as a free-to-play download in North America and Europe with optional in-game purchases via digital download on the PlayStation 4 store – no PlayStation Plus membership required.
- PlanetSide 2 is the only game on the PS4 to bring massive player communities together in simultaneous battles across an enormous world conflict.
- A Membership option will be available for USD $14.99/month for players interested in an enhanced PlanetSide 2 experience, which includes: a monthly Battle Cash grant, increased experience, certifications and resource gains, discounts in the marketplace, exclusive promotions, access to a monthly double experience weekend event and priority log-in queue access.
- The launch follows an extensive Closed Beta period, in which the PlanetSide 2 development team tested server stability, performance and various other aspects of the game as well as adjusted and refined features based on player feedback.
- PlanetSide 2 is massive, breaking the GUINNESS WORLD RECORD for Most Players Online in a First-Person Shooter Battle earlier this year on the PC version of the game.
You can check out a FAQ over here.
Weighing in at roughly a 10GB download, free-to-play shooter PlanetSide 2 for the PlayStation 4 can now be downloaded from the PlayStation Store in Europe. As for North America, developer Daybreak Games says, “The N. American version of #PS2onPS4 is targeting 1pm PT [4pm ET] today.”
Daybreak then discussed what to do if the game appears early, and what to do if you already played the PlanetSide 2 beta:
It is likely that the game will appear in the PSN Store before the servers are unlocked. If this occurs, remain calm, because the game servers will be unavailable. That said, we’re trying to time the server accessibility as closely as possible with the PSN Store update.
Existing beta players, you will just need to patch; no need to do a full reinstall. New players will obviously need to perform a full install from the PSN Store.
As for servers, they have two available in each region: North America gets Genudine and Palos, while Europe gets Ceres and Lithcorp. They add, “We have several additional servers ready and will unlock them over the coming days.”
Planning to support PlanetSide 2 constantly with new features and content in the coming weeks, Daybreak says next week will see the first game update and full details will be available later this week.
One thing we know that the first game update will include are the following items, which are exclusive to those who participated in the beta:
- Vehicle Beta Decal
- Infantry Beta Decal
- Exterminator Title
If you spent over 25 hours in the beta, you’ll get the above items, plus the following:
- Analyst Helmet
- 1 Day XP Boost
- Electro Camo’s for NC, TR and VS
Will you be downloading PlanetSide 2 today?