Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance PS4 Release Date Announced (Update)
Over on the PS Blog, Marketing Coordinator Jordan Vincent talked about how Disgaea 5 is taking advantage of the PS4:
With the move to the more powerful PS4, Disgaea 5 is jam-packed with more content than ever before — and all of it looks slick as a whistle! Previous games in the series featured main storylines of 25-30 hours. Disgaea 5 has upped the ante with as much as 45 hours of content for just the main storyline, and hundreds of hours of extra content. Each second of this epic journey is rendered in crisp, HD resolution on PS4 with up to 100 enemies on a level, brand new sprites, tilesets, and ability effects.
Announced just for North America, the Disgaea 5 Launch Edition includes “the full game, reversible cover, 32-page art book, and original soundtrack — all packed neatly into a gorgeous collector’s box!”
Available as a retail and digital title, here’s what NIS America says about Disgaea 5:
The sixth home console entry to the legendary Disgaea series tells a tale of revenge, and of rebellion. As a new and terrible Overlord named Void Dark seeks to enslave the countless Netherworlds, one young demon has stood to end his reign—Killia. In Disgaea 5, lead Killia and his tenacious army of rebels on their dark and dangerous path to vengeance. Filled with more over-the-top action and hilarious writing than ever before, Disgaea 5’s damage numbers are surely headed for the record books.
- Alliance Attacks – New to the Disgaea series, your relationship with your teammates influences a new battle system called Alliance Attack. These special moves are only available to main characters and only when their relationships are appropriately aligned.
- Recruitment – A familiar feature for Disgaea faithful, this system lets you choose from over 40 races and jobs, and identify new party members with the exact traits you desire.
- Revenge Mode – The Revenge Mode empowers your characters with bonus stats when they’ve become fed up of their allies being beat on.
- Explore the Netherworlds – While previous games in the series have shown a glimpse of the darkness that is the Netherworlds, Disgaea 5 takes you to a myriad of those dark lands.
- Languages – Enjoy English text as well as new English and original Japanese voices.
Will you be getting Disgaea 5 in October?