Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition Screenshots Compare it to the Original Version
Running at 1080p with an “improved Graphic Render Engine for higher visual quality especially in terms of lighting and shadows,” Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One was compared to Darksiders 2 in some new screenshots released today.
Gunfire Games Design Director John Pearl talked about what they’ve done to improve Darksiders 2’s visuals:
When we thought about what we wanted to do for the “Deathinitive” edition of Darksiders II, obviously we wanted to run in native 1080p and increase the resolution of the textures. Additionally, we decided to rewrite the renderer to be physically based like a lot of other current generation game engines. What this means visually is metal, leather, stone and skin look and respond to light as you would expect them to in the real world. This new rendering method meant we revisited every texture and surface in the game, reworking and re-authoring them for the new renderer. To take full advantage of these texture changes, we’ve also gone back and relit the entire game.
Here’s what the Deathinitive Edition adds to Darksiders 2:
- Darksiders 2 with All DLCs (see below) included and integrated into the game, offering a total playtime of more than 30 hours.
- DLC Included: Maker Armor Set, The Abyssal Forge, The Demon Lord Belial, Death Rides, Angel of Death, Deadly Despair, Shadow of Death, Mortis Pack, Rusanov’s Axe, Van Der Schmash Hammer, Fletcher’s Crow Hammer, Mace Maximus, Argul’s Tomb
- Improved Graphic Render Engine for higher visual quality especially in terms of lighting and shadows
- Improved and reworked level, character and environment graphics
- Running in native 1080p resolution
- Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution
The Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition releases in Winter 2015.