You Won’t be Fighting On a Death Star Map in Star Wars Battlefront
Answering some recent questions that popped up on the big Star Wars Battlefront ‘Questions for the team’ thread on Reddit, an EA Community Manager confirmed that there won’t be a Death Star map in the game, while also talking about how you enter vehicles:
We will not offer a Death Star based map. But stay tuned for details around the maps we will offer.
All vehicles are obtained via power-ups across the battlefront. If you choose to use that power-up you spawn into the battle inside that vehicle.
As for whether or not you can take down a Star Destroyer, the Community Manager said, “Yes you will see them within maps, but you can’t physically shoot them down. But the progression of how you’re playing will influence the Battles beyond the player’s battle.”
The Community Manager also addressed a wide variety of other topics, which we’ve placed below:
- “If we get a chance to work on a sequel, I think it’s a safe bet to say we will look into [ground to space battles].”
- “Some maps and modes are tied to each other. We will go into more detail so this is a bit more clear in the near future.”
- Are you considering working on prequel trilogy content? “No, Star Wars Battlefront from DICE will focus on the original trilogy.”
- “We will not offer a combat roll.”
- Weapons/gear can’t be picked up on the battlefield from killed players, “but we will offer battlefront pick ups across the maps.”
- “You can crouch behind items and take cover, but we do not offer a snap cover system.”
- How many weapons/vehicles will there be? “More than 1 and less than 100… we will have more details as we get closer to launch.”
- To ensure people don’t camp spawn points, “the spawn points will be random.”
- Three hero characters have been revealed so far, but there are “but more to come.”
And here’s how the game goes from 1st person to 3rd person on PS4: