Skullgirls 2nd Encore PS4 Version Detailed & Dated in Europe, PS3 Update Tonight Adds Robo-Fortune
With the PlayStation 4 version of Skullgirls 2nd Encore releasing tomorrow in North America, Lab Zero Games confirmed that a European PS4 release is happening on Wednesday, July 22. The PlayStation Vita version “will be out a little later this summer” and includes cross-buy with PS4.
In North America, the game costs $24.99 regularly, with PlayStation Plus members saving 20% when pre-ordering and receiving a theme. In Europe at launch, PlayStation Plus members will get a 10% discount, as well as a theme.
Here’s what you’ll find with Skullgirls 2nd Encore on PS4, which is billed as the ultimate edition of Skullgirls:
- All DLC characters included
- Fully voiced story modes
- New Challenges
- New Trials
- New Survival Mode
- Cross-play with the PS3 and PS Vita versions
- Full Platinum Trophy set
As for the PlayStation 3 version of Skullgirls, a new patch goes live tonight and adds the final DLC character, Robo-Fortune, who is free for the first three months before going up to $4.99.
“Robo-Fortune was originally going to be a remix character based on Ms. Fortune, but we were able to upgrade her into something much more: a complete draw-over with a new design, and all new normal, special and super attacks,” the description reads.
The patch also brings these new features:
- Art Gallery: A massive gallery featuring concept, production and guest art!
- CPU Quickmatch: Pick your AI opponents and fight them for a quick Skullgirls fix!
- New Alternate Voice Packs: For Peacock, Parasoul, Painwheel, Big Band, and Double!
- New Alternate Announcer Voice Packs: Female Announcer and “Dazed” Announcer!
- New Taunts: Every character old and new has taunts now!
- New Tutorials: Covering gameplay systems that have been updated since the original release!
“Naturally,” Lab Zero says, “all of these will be included in Skullgirls 2nd Encore for PS4 and PS Vita, as well!”