The Witcher 3 Update 1.07 Key Changes Revealed, No New Free DLC This Week
Planned for release at the same time on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt update 1.07 is “coming soon” and CD Projekt Red revealed some of the key changes today.
Calling it “a very large update,” here’s what they had to say about The Witcher 3 update 1.07:
- A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
- A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player’s map.
- Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
- Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
- Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be “pinned”, meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
- Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
- A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
- Various improvements to horse behavior.
CD Projekt Red adds, “The full change list for the patch 1.07 will be coming later this week. Stay tuned for info about the release of the update itself.”
Because the new patch is taking up all of their focus, they won’t be publishing a free DLC this week, but the free content will be coming back next week. Despite this though, the alternative Ciri outfit is actually available to download from the European PlayStation Store.
Asked about the Ciri outfit possibly being out, CD Projekt Red’s Marcin Momot said, “No. It’s not coming this week. Sorry.” Based on his comment it may be a good idea to hold off downloading it in case there’s an issue.