June 2015 NPD: Batman Arkham Knight Beats The Elder Scrolls Online, Total Industry Sales up 18%
With the PlayStation 4 already having been announced as the leading console in June 2015, the rest of the results have rolled in, and Batman: Arkham Knight finished as the #1 game.
Compared to June 2014, June 2015 total industry sales at retail in the United States were up 18% to $869.4 million in the sales period from May 31 through July 4. For a breakdown, software was at $345.5 million (up 21%), and hardware was at $313.1 million (up 8%), and accessories were at $210.7 million (up 34%).
Here’s the top 10 selling games in June 2015, which totals retail sales across all systems and includes Collectors Editions, GOTY Editions, and bundles, but not those bundled with hardware (sales by platform are ranked in brackets from highest-selling to least-selling):
- Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
- Lego: Jurassic World (360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, Vita)
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Splatoon (Wii U)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
- Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One)
- NBA 2K15 (360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
You can see May 2015’s results over here.