Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom Gets a gamescom Trailer, Releases in Early 2016 on PS4
Successfully Kickstarted last year, Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom from developer Enigami needed extra support to ensure the game launched on time at the beginning of 2016, so they have teamed up with publisher Focus Home Interactive, who were “seduced by the project.”
In development for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Mac, and Linux, Shiness is an RPG that sees you journeying around a universe on the verge of collapsing following the fragmentation of planet Mahera.
The description reads:
Play as Chado and his companions, traveling through the celestial islands on their flying ship. After a crash-landing on one of the most hostile of the celestial islands, you find yourself in the middle of a conflict involving multiple kingdoms. However, this explosive situation might find a peaceful outcome, with Chado’s newfound unique ability to perceive and communicate with the Shiness, a mysterious spirit embued with magic.
- Travel through an enthralling and interactive world with 5 companions, and develop your characters.
- Hyper-dynamic combat, mixing magic with fighting games combat mechanics (hits, combos, parry, etc…)
- Develop 2 skill trees (physical attacks and magic) and unlock new talents and spells
- Explore a vast world with multiple environments, that you will interact with thanks to you and your companions’ special powers and skills.
- Numerous quests and side-quests will give you the opportunity to develop your characters and their reputation.
Focus Home Interactive Managing Partner Cédric Lagarrigue added:
Focus Home Interactive is working with international studios, but also naturally partners with French studios now renowned such as DontNod, Cyanide, Eugen Systems, Spiders Games, and more. Discovering and supporting new talented local studios, and helping them grow is something deeply anchored in Focus’ DNA. Enigami is one of these young and passionate French studios Focus Home Interactive would love to see emerge in this very competitive industry.
In the above gamescom trailer, you’ll see more of the world, characters, and gameplay of Shiness.