Guillermo Del Toro Says He’ll Never Get Involved in Video Games Again

August 14, 2015 Written by Jason Dunning

silenthillsimage1

When Guillermo del Toro spoke with IGN in May about the cancellation of Silent Hills and removal of the P.T. demo, he was unsure whether or not he’d ever return to video games.

In an interview last month with Shack News, del Toro confirmed that he’ll never work on another video game:

I have proven to be the albatross of video games. I joined THQ, and THQ goes broke. I join Kojima, and Kojima leaves Konami. I have decided, in order not to destroy anyone else’s life, I have decided I will never again get involved in video games. Otherwise, I’ll join someone and his house will explode, or something.

While he won’t personally work on a game, del Toro will allow companies to create games based on his work.

With THQ and Insane, del Toro says he put two years of work into the game, including mapping it out and doing the outlines and screenplay, which led to him learning some tricks about development.

“Then I went to the side of Kojima-san,” he added, “because he’s a master, and I can gladly say that we are friends and I love his work and I will continue learning from him as a friend. But I am not… if I join another video game, World War 3 will start.”

[Source: Shack News]