The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth DLC Detailed, Adds “100+ Hours to the Game”
In a blog post yesterday, The Binding of Isaac Creator Edmund McMillen announced that the Afterbirth DLC is releasing for PC on October 30 at $9.99, with pre-ordering taking “a considerable chunk off.”
When talking about Afterbirth for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth on other platforms, McMillen said, “We don’t have a set release date for consoles, but Tyrone demoed afterbirth at PAX on a PS4.. so it can’t be too far off!”
Adding “another 100+ hours to the game,” as well as many new features, here’s what you need to know about Afterbirth:
- Greed Mode: a whole new game mode with a heavy focus on risk/reward that is a completely new way to play featuring new endings and a final boss.
- Expanded main game: a new final area has been added to the main game along with another new final boss and ending.
- Daily Runs: compete for highscore / best time on the leader boards in these daily seeded runs.
- 10 totally new and awesome challenges
- 1000+ new rooms, as well as new tiny rooms, closets and giant arching hallways.
- A totally new playable character, Lilith, mother of demons.
- 120 new items! not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs, cards etc. taking the item count up beyond 525!
- 4 new alternate chapters with new chapter specific enemy types, visual themes, and surprises.
- A new seed code combo page, as well as a butt ton of new seed codes that mod the game.
- A greatly expanded soundtrack!
- New room types like, trap rooms, double treasure rooms, and ultra rare closets!
- A greatly expanded and updated hud system
- Tons of new secret transformations
- 8 new bosses
- 25+ new enemies
- Updated item combo system
- Far too many new achievements
- 20 million new co-op babies
- And probably at least 5 other features i cant remember due to all the crap that we threw into this little monster.
McMillen adds, “Trust me when I say, this DLC makes Rebirth feel like a completely new game… it’s rare that I design a game that I really look forward to play testing daily. You guys will really love it!”
[Source: Binding of Isaac]