PlanetSide 2 Update 3 Coming Tomorrow for US Following Botched EU Update
The US PlayStation 4 version of PlanetSide 2 is getting a large game update tomorrow, September 9, which will shut down the servers for around two hours.
On the official Daybreak forums, it was revealed that the game’s servers will go down at around 6:00 am Pacific time tomorrow, and will come back at around 8:00 am. During that time, a number of bugs will be fixed and changes will be implemented.
Originally, the update was planned for September 1, but after a slightly disastrous launch in Europe, it was pushed until the 9th. Hopefully, the US PlanetSide 2 update will release without any issues. Check out the patch notes to see what changes will be made tomorrow:
- Support has been added for platoons. A platoon is a collection of up to four squads working together to accomplish objectives.
- When there are 3 or more players in a squad a platoon can be created. Players can be shifted to different squads by selecting them and choosing the squad where they should be transferred.
- Added support to change the colors that display on nameplates and the map for the different empires.
- Light Assault now has access to Flash Grenades.
- Heavy Assault now has access to Concussion Grenades.
The Auto Spawn Location on Death Screen will now update correctly if your last spawn point is no longer available.
Sunderer Cloaking Module now functions correctly.
Fixed a bug where shields would sometimes not regenerate after taking damage.
You can now leave aircraft gunner seats when using the ejection control scheme.
Medal graphics now scroll correctly with the weapon icon on the Infantry loadout UI screen.
When all 6 character slots are used the UI will show the count correctly on character select.
Fixed an issue where you could not scroll down a row when there is no item under your currently selected item in the Directives list.
Fixed issues with changing to outfit voice chat from the radial menu.
Fixed the names of the Engineer/Medic tools to reflect their upgraded status.
When upgrading passive skills, after the last skill is purchased , the price no longer reverts to the original default price instead of hiding.
Aim and Hip Accuracy weapon stat numbers display in the correct order.
Recently upgraded items now equip the first time you try.
Low ranking outfit members are no longer taunted with the option to Invite to Outfit when they don’t have the permissions to do so.
What PlanetSide 2 changes are you most looking forward to in Update 3?
[Source: Daybreak Forum]