Street Fighter V Roster Expands With Karin Kanzuki, Capcom Fighters Network Announced
Shortly after revealing Rashid, Capcom announced at Tokyo Game Show 2015 that Karin Kanzuki, last appearing in Street Fighter Alpha 3, will be returning in Street Fighter V. You can see her in the trailer above, alongside the new Kanzuki Estate stage.
With the addition of Karin, SFV now has 12 fighters – Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Cammy, Vega, M. Bison, Birdie, Charlie Nash, Necalli, Rashid and R. Mika. The final roster will include 16 fighters and Capcom asks, “Who will be next?”
Here’s what you need to know about Karin:
Behind Karin’s golden locks and razer-sharp wit lies a true martial artist trained in the unique “Kanzuki style” of fighting. Utilizing her new dash move allows her to close distances quickly with her opponents and go in for quick high-low attacks or throws. Her well-rounded skills allow her to possess a full set of tools and deploy a wide array of strikes and maneuvers that will have opponents feeling the pressure. For fans who’ve longed for her return, or for those just looking for a quick fighter with lots of versatility, Karin is a welcome addition to Street Fighter V!
- Karin lunges forward with a devastating palm strike that dissipates projectiles and knocks down the opponent if it connects, all while helping to build her V-Trigger gauge. By holding down the buttons, players can charge the move for a split second, giving it better hit and block properties.
V-Trigger: Kanzuki-Ryu Guren No Kata
- Karin channels her inner Ki to unlock the true potential of the Kanzuki fighting style, giving her access to the Guren Ken attack, which in itself possesses over half a dozen different follow ups and variations. After the initial Guren Ken, she is able to transition immediately into an overhead attack, a low sweep, a flying throw, another quick set of strikes, or even a backdash to bait out counterattacks. This gives her immense flexibility in controlling the flow of the fight, ensuring that she comes out on top.
Capcom also announced that the Capcom Fighters Network (CFN) is the official community destination integrated into the online infrastructure of Street Fighter V.
Here’s some of the things you’ll be able to do in-game with the CFN:
- See where battles are happening all over the world on a “heat map”
- View player profiles and detailed match statistics (such as online win/loss records, ‘how many light punches did you land’, ‘how many throws did you tech’, ‘in what ways did you win the match’, and much, much more)
- Designate “rivals” throughout the world and monitor their performance
- Register friends and follow your favorite players
- Search and watch replay files
- Send online battle invitations
- Check out the latest patch and tournament news
- And much more!
Street Fighter V launches in Spring 2016 for PlayStation 4 and PC. As we learned a while back, “All post-launch gameplay-related content in Street Fighter V can be earnable via gameplay, free of charge. All balance and system adjustments will also be available for free, so players will always have access to the most current version.”
[Source: Capcom Unity]