Gran Turismo 6 Update 1.21 Adds Track Path Editor, Which Requires an Android or iOS Tablet
With the Gran Turismo 6 update released today on PlayStation 3, Polyphony Digital has added the Track Path Editor, allowing you to create a track from four different themes.
Track data is created using a special App for Android (4.1 or later) or iOS (7.0 or later) tablets. Those tracks are then saved and imported into Gran Turismo 6, where they can be used in Free Run, Arcade Mode, Open Lobby, and in the Community area.
Here’s what Polyphony says about today’s update:
GT6 Track Path Editor
- The “GT6 Track Path Editor” app is now available on “Google Play” and the “App Store” for free. A “Track Path Importer” option has been added to the [TOOLS] section in “My Home” of “Gran Turismo 6”. After the update has been installed, this option can be used to import saved track data from the tablet app.
- With the “GT6 Track Path Editor”, you can create a track by selecting from 4 different themes (Death Valley, Eifel, Eifel Flat, Andalusia) and the track can be used in Free Run, Arcade Mode, Open Lobby and in the Community area.
Other improvements and adjustments
- Penalties have been disabled in “Free Run” mode.
- With the addition of the “GT6 Track Path Editor”, the maximum length of best lap replays that can be loaded in the Data Logger has been set to 20 minutes.
- The engine sounds of certain cars have been improved.
- “GT Academy 2015” has been removed from the [SPECIAL EVENTS] section in accordance to the end of the Online Qualifier period.
[Source: Gran Turismo]