PlayStation TV & PlayStation Vita Update 3.55, New PlayStation App Update Now Available
Sony detailed PS Vita/PS TV update 3.55:
- (PS4 Link)You can now adjust the setting for video resolution when using remote play on a PS Vita system. Select (PS4 Link) > [Start] > (Options) > [Settings] > [Video Quality for Remote Play] > [Resolution].
- If video or audio skips during playback, try selecting [Low (360p)] to help improve the quality.
- You can now restrict (Email) from starting.
Alongside PlayStation 4 firmware update 3.00 released today, Sony also released updates for the PlayStation Vita/PlayStation TV and PlayStation App on iOS/Android.
First up, PS Vita/PS TV update 3.55 only says it “improves stability with some features.” However, many users have done some digging and discovered that the PS TV exploit is no longer available, with Twitter user Heleius saying:
To recap: 3.55 blocks writing & dumping via eml “email hack” but anything already there like whitelist bypass, themes & bubbles still work.
As for the PlayStation App, here’s what you need to know about today’s update:
iOS (3.0.11)/Android (3.0.7)
– [Events] has been added. All events associated with PlayStation are now brought together, enabling you to discover and participate in these events in a centralized area.
– You can now use PlayStation App to easily log in as a guest to the PS4 system.
– You can now send a request to watch another user’s gameplay.
– You can now comment on activities.
– YouTube broadcasts are now displayed in [Live from PlayStation].
Have you noticed any other changes with today’s PS Vita update?