PS4 Update 3.00 Now Live, Clocks in at 250MB
Detailed yesterday, PS4 update 3.00 is now live! Yes, that means Communities, streaming from your PlayStation 4 to YouTube, and more is now within reach.
Clocking in at 250MB, the PS4 update 3.00 (codenamed “Kenshin”) changelog can be seen in the gallery below. As expected, it’s quite a hefty firmware update and brings a ton of new features and improvements to the PS4.
Aside from that, PlayStation Access has also released a video listing down seven things people need to know about PS4 update 3.00, which you can watch above. We’ve also listed down the major changes to the update below.
- Sharing video clips to Twitter: Now it’s easy to share video clips to Twitter directly from your PS4. You’ll see a new icon on the Upload Video Clip menu, nestled between Facebook and YouTube. Maximum video length is 10 seconds, though you’ll have the ability to trim longer clips. Don’t forget — you can double tap the Share button to start recording a video, and press it again to stop.
- PlayStation Plus: We’ve made a dedicated section for PlayStation Plus, which you can access by clicking the big Plus icon on the top right corner of your PS4 home screen. Once there you can easily manage your membership, see the monthly free games to download, deals for PS Plus members, and all of the games you’ve redeemed through PS Plus on PS4.
- YouTube live: You’ll see a new icon for YouTube on the Broadcast Gameplay Screen, accessible after hitting the Share button. Now you can live stream directly from your PS4 to YouTube. Livestreams will be viewable across YouTube.
- PNG Screenshots: If you’d like your game screenshots to be in a higher quality format, you can now select PNG instead of JPEG. To access, press Share > Share Settings > Screenshot Settings > Image Format.
- Events: A new hub for Events has been added to PS4, accessible from the home screen. This will give you an overview of activities taking place in the games you play most, as well as official broadcasts. For instance, here’s an in-game racing event taking place in Project Cars, which you can register for directly from the Events hub.
- Improvements to Messages and Favorite Groups:We’ve improved Messages by making it easier to access groups of people you chat and play games with frequently. Once you’re added to or create a group, you’ll see the online status for friends, what games they are playing, and the option to message or chat in party all in one spot. When you add or create a new favorite group, they’ll appear in your Friends app under Favorite Groups for quick access. For example, you can see we have favorite groups for Call of Duty, Rocket League, and Destiny.
- Communities: PS4 users will have the ability to create communities based around shared interests, like games, genres, and more. Communities include a message board with general discussion, screenshots shared by players, and the ability to join parties / games.
- Stickers: From the PS4 system’s Messages app, you’ll see a new option for Stickers. The 3.00 update will contain stickers themed around Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Knack, LittleBigPlanet 3, Resogun, and more. Instead of typing out a message, just send a sticker — like “Drake looking at a watch, asking you to wait a minute.”
I’m currently downloading it now and can’t wait to try out the new features. Expect an official PlayStation LifeStyle community soon, as well as us streaming from our PS4 to YouTube, and whatever other stuff we can squeeze out of this latest firmware update.
Have you downloaded PS4 updated 3.00? What do you think of it so far?