Rainbow Six Siege Beta End Date Extended by Ubisoft
While Ubisoft already extended the Rainbow Six Siege beta end date to last until October 1, players will be glad to know that it’s been extended once more up to October 4!
Over on the official Rainbow Six site, Ubisoft talks about the beta for a bit and mentions how this is “one of the largest betas that Ubisoft has ever done,” and that the dev team has ” already identified areas for long-term improvement for launch on our dedicated servers and matchmaking.”
For game tweaks and feedback, Ubisoft Montreal also says, “Moreover, just as we did after the Closed Alpha and Road to Montreal, we will be getting back to you with how the collected data and your feedback has affected the game.”
Here are the changes to how the Rainbow Six Siege beta will handle new players and those redeeming keys:
- Closed Beta extended through the rest of the weekend, ending on October 4th.
- Starting today, we will begin sending emails to all American and European players who have played at least one match in the Closed Beta before 2:00PM EST, September 29th 2015. These emails will contain immediate access codes that can be used by the players to get their friends in the beta. Those keys will be for the same platform as the player who qualified for friend referral. For example, if a player plays on Xbox One, he will receive additional Xbox One keys for his or her friends.
- There will be a Double Renown event starting Friday, 8:00PM EST with a 2x renown bonus. This is a great chance to unlock some more operators, attachments and skins.
The beta registration page will be taken down on October 1st and guaranteed access codes will be redeemable until October 2nd.
- PvP matchmaking has improved with an average wait time of 30-45 seconds.
- Terrorist Hunt has a 96% success rate per matchmaking attempt, with average 20-30 seconds of wait time.
- If it takes longer than 90 seconds to get into any game, we recommend backing out and trying again.
- If you are having difficulties matchmaking while in a squad, check out this list of potential workarounds.
- If you are a pre-order customer and feel you should have received your invite by now, please contact customer support using “[Activation] Missing Code” as the subject line. We will be keeping an eye out for those.
Played the beta? Don’t forget to watch our latest top five video where we list down the changes we want to see in the final retail release.
Rainbow Six Siege will be out on December 1 for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.
[Source: Rainbow 6]